FMT Summer Music Theatre Camps are an immersive experience in acting, singing, and dance. The students will have acting classes, vocal training, and basic dance for the stage. They will learn how to audition and prepare for a musical role. Each camp will conclude with the performance of a musical production, attended by the student's friends and family. Tuition for camps will vary by age group. We are offering a multiple sibling discount! Check the enrollment form for details.
Stacia's School of Dance, 212 Houston Street, Cedar Hill, TX 75104
Pioneer Park, 206 Houston Street, Cedar Hill, TX 75104
Attendance of all performances will be free for those making a donation to Family Music Theatre.
FMT Kids Camps are organized by age group as follows:
FMT LITTLE STARS
June 21-25 - Kindergarten - Early Elementary Group (Ages 5-7)
Production: THE WONDERFUL WIZARD OF OZ
- Script by Kim Shannon, based on L. Baum's Wonderful Wizard of Oz, adapted and condensed for younger actors
- Enroll your child now to be a part of this trip with Dorothy as she encounters new friends, beautiful places, strange happenings, and some trouble along the way. All the familiar characters of Oz will create a lasting memory for your child. And you'll get to come see them as they ACT, SING, and DANCE their way through this fun imaginary world.
- *Note: Dorothy will be played by a teenager who will guide and narrate with the children onstage.
- The Wonderful Wizard of Oz is presented through special arrangement with Kim Shannon of www.teacherspayteachers.com/store/The-Little-LearnMaid
- Times: 9:30 AM - 12:30 PM
- Public Performance: Friday, June 27, 7:00 PM
Tuition for this camp is $125.
July 5-9 - Middle School Group (Ages 12-14)
- Music by Zina Goldrich. Book & Lyrics by Marcy Heisler
- Dear Edwina JR. follows the adventures of plucky advice-giver-extraordinaire, Edwina Spoonapple, as she directs the neighborhood kids in a series of buoyant production numbers for the latest edition of her weekly "Advice-a-Palooza." Edwina and her friends share wisdom on everything from trying new foods to making new friends, through clever, catchy and poignant songs.
- Dear Edwina JR is presented through special arrangement with Music Theatre International (MTI). All authorized performance materials are also supplied by MTI. www.MTIShows.com
- Times: 9:30am-4:30 PM
- Public Performance: Friday, July 9, 7:00 PM
Tuition for this camp is $250.
FMT SHINING STARS
July 12-16 - FMT SHINING STARS - Older Elementary Group (Ages 8-11)
- Music and Lyrics by Mel Leven, Randy Rogel, Richard Gibbs, Brian Smith, Martin Lee Fuller, Dan Root. Book Adapted and Add'l Lyrics by March Heisler. Music Adapted & Arranged by Bryan Louiselle. Based on the Screenplay by Bill Peet. Based on the novel The Hundred and One Dalmatians by Dodie Smith.
- Pet owners, Roger and Anita, live happily in London with their Dalmatians, Pongo and Perdita, stalwart dogs devoted to raising their puppies. Everything is quiet until Anita's former classmate, the monstrous Cruella De Vil, plots to steal the puppies for her new fur coat. The Dalmatians rally all the dogs of London for a daring rescue of the puppies from Cruella and her bumbling henchmen. Based on the classic animated film, Disney's 101 Dalmatians KIDS is a fur-raising adventure with the most adorable heroes to set their paws onstage.
- Disney's 101 Dalmatians KIDS is presented through special arrangement with Music Theatre International (MTI). All authorized performance materials are also supplied by MTI. www.MTIShows.com
- Times: 9:30 AM - 4:30 PM
- Public Performance: Friday, July 16, 7:00 PM
Tuition for this camp is $250.
All students will need to register for camp at least 10 days prior to the start of the camp.
- Full tuition via credit/debit card will be due upon enrollment.