FAMILY MUSIC THEATRE + CEDAR HILL ISD FINE ARTS PRESENT:
RODGERS & HAMMERSTEIN'S CINDERELLA (Enchanted Edition)
Co-directors: Tianta Harrison & Dr. Sam Germany
Choreographer: Camille Russo
Music by Richard Rodgers
Book and Lyrics by Oscar Hammerstein II
Adapted for the Stage by Tom Briggs
The timeless enchantment of a magical fairy tale is reborn with the Rodgers & Hammerstein hallmarks of originality, charm, and elegance. Originally presented on television in 1957 starring Julie Andrews, Rodgers & Hammerstein's Cinderella was the most widely viewed program in the history of the medium.
Its recreation in 1965 starring Lesley Ann Warren was no less successful in transporting a new generation to the miraculous kingdom of dreams-come-true, and so was a second remake in 1997, which starred Brandy as Cinderella and Whitney Houston as her Fairy Godmother. As adapted for the stage, with great warmth and more than a touch of hilarity, this romantic fairy tale still warms the hearts of children and adults alike. This Enchanted Edition is inspired by the 1997 teleplay.
June 23 • 7:30 | June 24 • 7:30
June 25 • 1:30 + 7:30 | June 26 • 2:00
Cedar Hill High School Performing Arts Center
1 Longhorn Blvd, Cedar Hill, TX 75104
AUDITIONS: Online Sign-up required
- Choose One: Monday or Tuesday, April 18 or 19 | Voice and Dance (6:00 PM Kids 8-12; 7:00 PM Adults & Teens)
- Callbacks: Sat., April 23 – 8:30 AM
- Venue: Cedar Hill High School Performing Arts Center | 1 Longhorn Blvd, Cedar Hill, TX 75104
- Sing best 16 bars of Broadway tune. Accompanist provided. Bring sheet music. No soundtracks.
- Learn choreographed segment at the audition. Please come dressed to move with appropriate footwear (no flip flops).
- Read from the script if considered for a principal role. See Audition Sides for preparation.
LARGE CAST needed! Seeking a multi-ethnic, diverse cast of all ages. See Character Breakdown for details.
- The Casting Announcement will be made on the weekend of April 24. Scripts and audio rehearsal aids will be made available for all in order for individual preparations to be made for the First Full cast Meeting when all music is expected to be practiced.
- The first full cast meeting will be on Monday, May 02. Cast will be expected to be familiar with the script and music, especially ensemble music. This meeting may include partial read-thru and some initial music rehearsal.
- ALL MUST CLEAR CONFLICTS FOR THE FINAL SPAN OF REHEARSALS AND ALL PERFORMANCES:
- Sequence week: June 13- June 16
- First Full Run-Thru - June 17
- Saturday, June 18 - must be available for potential Tech Rehearsal
- Tech week: June 20 - June 22
- Performances: June 23- June 26
- Set Strike: June 26 post-show: Cast must clear this time to assist with striking the set, all hands expected.
Cinderella Is presented through a special arrangement with Concord Theatricals. All authorized performance materials are also supplied by Concord. concordtheatricals.com